Last Updated: January 26, 2023
If you are a California resident or live in Europe, you should see the «Additional Disclosures for California Residents» and «Additional Disclosures for European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss Data Subjects» sections, respectively. As described below in the «Contact Us» section, if you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights or choices, please contact us.
2. General Terms
- CleanersList, Inc. may be referred to as «CleanersList,» “we,” “our,” or “us.”
- The CleanersList Platform refers to its users as «Users,» «you,» «your,» or «Clients» and «Taskers.»
- Our website (www.cleanerslist.com) provides a community platform.
- Mobile applications are referred to as «Apps» (regardless of whether they run on iOS or Android).
- A collective term for CleanersList’s sites, apps, services, information, and communications is «CleanersList Platform.»
3. Information Collection
A. Information you provide to CleanersList
There are certain personally identifiable information that CleanersList collects about you, including information that can reasonably be linked to your identity (“Information”). In addition to the above, CleanersList collects the following information:
Contact Information. In addition to your first and last names, your postal address, phone number, and e-mail address may be included as well.
The billing data you provide us with includes your payment instrument number (such as your credit or debit card number), the expiration date, and the security code, as required by us to process your payment.
Identity Information. In the case of a Tasker, we may collect personal information from you, such as your date of birth, address, national identification number, as well as the results of basic criminal record checks you provide, or those provided by our Third Party Agents (as defined below), to verify your identity and if applicable, to the extent permitted by law in your jurisdiction.
Financial Information. In order to assist Taskers in setting up a payment account, and to assist Clients in paying Taskers and CleanersList fees, we may collect financial information, such as credit card numbers, routing numbers, tax information, taxpayer identification numbers, and other payment information, as necessary. Our Platform operates on Financial Information, which is collected by us in order to make sure our Taskers are paid by Clients. In order to provide our platform and services and meet our obligations to users, we do this as a matter of legitimate interest. To keep your financial data secure, we have contracted with a third party to maintain and process your payment card information.
Promotional Information. Certain aspects of the CleanersList Platform are optional, such as newsletters, surveys, contests, and the like, so you are not required to participate in any of those or provide us with your personal information. In the event that you consent to taking advantage of CleanersList Platform features, we will use your information (as applicable) to send you newsletters and other communications tailored to your specific needs based on the information we possess. For the purposes of promoting our business and the CleanersList Platform, we may use your information to operate and manage surveys, contests or similar offerings. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by visiting the Choice/Opt-Out section below.
Content Information. If you wish to ask about the CleanersList Platform, you may also send CleanersList Personal Information in an email or chat message, and we will use this information to assist you in responding to your inquiry. In addition, we collect content from any messages you exchange with other users through the Service (including through our chat functionality), and we will never use or share that content for promotional or marketing purposes.
The CleanersList Platform requires that you provide your Contact Information and Financial Information when registering an account. When you become a Client, for example, we collect the following information: your first and last name, email address, zip code, and contact information for the purposes of creating and administering your CleanersList account. As part of the booking process, we also collect additional information concerning the task you would like to request, including the time, date and location of the task, as well as financial information. As a Tasker, we collect your name, your name, your email address, your mobile phone number, and your zip code to facilitate your communication with your Clients using CleanersList. As well as collecting information about your tasks, rates, and skills, we collect information about your identity and the financial information you provide.
Third Party Information. You may be provided with basic information such as your name, address, email address, and purchase history if you register through a co-branded version of the CleanersList Platform provided by one of our Partners (as defined below) or IKEA. Third Party Agents (as defined below) may provide us with additional information about you, including demographics, financial information, and fraud detection information. As permitted by law, we will combine this information with other information we already have about you to comply with our legal obligations and to enhance the CleanersList Platform for the legitimate interest of improving it. When applicable and permitted by local law, CleanersList may use Third Party Agents to conduct identity and criminal background checks on Taskers as part of our legitimate interest in ensuring the safety of our Users and maintaining the integrity of the CleanersList Platform, including conducting identity checks, criminal background checks, and right to work checks.
4. Information CleanersList Collects Automatically
When you use the Service, we automatically collect certain types of information. We have collected the following types of information, including during the last 12 months:
Service Use Data, including information about the features you use, the pages you visit, the emails and advertisements you view, the portions of the CleanersList Platform you view and interact with, the time of day when you browse, and the pages that you refer to and exit.
Device Data, such as information about the type of device or browser you are using, the operating system and internet service provider of your device, the language and regional settings of your device, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad ID. During your visit to the CleanersList Platform, CleanersList may automatically collect certain information about you via cookies or other technologies. This may include, but is not limited to, your computer or mobile device, your mobile device ID, your IP address, your operating system, your internet browser(s), and the way you interact with the CleanersList Platform («Device Information«). As well as monitoring geographic regions from which Users navigate the CleanersList Platform, Device Information may also be used for fraud prevention and security. It is forbidden to use IP-masking technologies or similar technologies (such as the TOR network) on the CleanersList Platform, as they may render portions of the Platform unavailable.
Location Data, which may include imprecise location data (for example, IP addresses or data indicating a city or postal code), as well as precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data). If you visit CleanersList through a native mobile application, we will use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location, with your consent, as required by applicable law, so that we can display a relevant location map based on your location. Your current location will not be shared with other users in this manner.
Additionally, the CleanersList Platform uses a variety of tracking technologies (collectively referred to as «Tracking Technologies») to automatically collect information from you. These technologies include:
Cookies. You may be able to transmit information automatically to these websites during your visit when you visit a website. Similarly, when you use our mobile applications, we will access your device IDs and use them to identify your device. As part of the way we collect information through our Site and Apps, we use “cookies” and equivalent technologies. These are small files stored on your computer that serve as a unique identification tag for your device.
Our persistent cookies are used to personalize your experience, remember your preferences, and support security. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to provide you with advertising on and off the Platform. You may be able to control persistent cookies through your browser settings, as they typically remain on your device for extended periods. As part of our security measures, we use persistent cookies, which are only accessible by CleanersList, as well as mobile device IDs, in order to:
- Ensure that your login information is saved for future logins to the CleanersList platform;
- Assist in the processing of items during the checkout process;
- Hold information about the session; and
- Keep track of user preferences.
This website uses session cookies to make navigation easier for you and expire when you close your browser. Our website uses session cookies to:
- Activate certain features of the CleanersList platform;
- To better understand your interactions with the CleanersList Platform and the Sites;
- Monitor the usage of the CleanersList platform by our Users and the routing of web traffic;
- Keep track of the number of entries received for CleanersList promotions, sweepstakes and contests;
- Find out which areas of the CleanersList platform have been visited.
When you close your browser after logging off the CleanersList Platform, session cookies are deleted from your computer.
In Exhibit A, we describe the types of cookies that the CleanersList Platform uses and why we do so.
Occasionally, we may partner with third parties who place or read persistent cookies on your browser and may use Flash cookies to store your preferences or display content based on what you view on the Sites to customize your experience.
Depending on your browser type, you can change your cookie settings on the Sites by clicking on the following links: Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
Pixels. The CleanersList Platform and HTML-formatted email messages may also be accompanied by «pixel tags,» «web beacons,» «clear GIFs,» or similar means by us and our Third Party Agents for tracking users’ actions, determining the success of marketing campaigns, and compiling statistics regarding usage of the Site and response rates, among other things.
5. CleanersList’s Use of Information
- Our use of your data is for us to operate and make the CleanersList Platform available. We use your data to connect you with other Users so that you may post, select, complete, and pay for Tasks in order to fulfill our contracts with Users.
- In order to comply with our legal obligations and to ensure a safe and secure environment for Clients and Taskers to conduct business and for the purpose of billing and fraud prevention;
- As part of our legitimate interests and in order to ensure the safety of our users’ safety online and offline, we conduct identification, criminal background, and right to work checks on Users, if applicable and as permitted by local law. This function aims to prevent or detect unlawful acts, protect the public against dishonesty, and maintain the integrity of the CleanersList Platform, given that Taskers may interact directly with Clients and may enter their homes.
- Analyzing the usage of the CleanersList Platform as necessary to advance the growth of our business by improving the CleanersList Platform;
- When required under applicable law, the CleanersList Platform will contact and deliver to you (via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing communications, offers, and other information related to your use of the Platform, with your consent. We use this information in order to communicate and engage with our Users in a timely and effective manner, as well as to promote our business.
- To fulfill our contracts with users by providing you with customer support;
- To conduct internal market research in order to improve the CleanersList Platform so we can grow our business;
- Troubleshooting problems in order to ensure a safe and secure environment for users;
- Assisting Users in resolving complaints and disputes between them, as necessary to facilitate good relations among them;
- It is in our legitimate interest to ensure that our Terms of Service are complied with; and
- According to the agreement.
Interest-Based Advertising. In CleanersList’ opinion, targeted advertising enhances the user experience on the Internet, which is a standard part of the Internet experience. As part of their advertising efforts, CleanersList and affiliate third parties may utilize cookies and other technologies to place ads that they believe will interest users. CleanersList may also advertise products, companies and events through your email address that we think may be of interest to you, in addition to banner ads. Among other things, we may incorporate Tracking Technologies into our own services (including our websites and emails) as well as into our advertisements that appear on other websites and services. By using these Tracking Technologies, we may be able to track your activity across time and services in order to identify the devices you use, and deliver appropriate advertisements to you (“Interest-Based Advertising”).
The information provided in Exhibit A on cookies and other technologies and interest-based advertising is designed to assist you in understanding your options regarding third-party advertisements. As part of our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business, we conduct advertising and marketing as necessary.
Analytics and Market Analysis. For CleanersList to provide a relevant and engaging experience and promote and grow the CleanersList Platform, we may analyze data («Market Analysis«).
Through a poll, for example, CleanersList offers services to Users who indicate interest in these services or to Users that can be presumed to be interested based on our market analysis results. As a matter of legitimate interest, we conduct this activity in order to provide our users with a relevant and engaging experience, promote our services, and grow our business.
Cell Phone Numbers. Using an autodialer or prerecorded voice, CleanersList may use your cell phone number to call or send recurring text messages to you in order to notify you of Tasks, for marketing purposes (with your consent as required by law), and for the purpose of administering the CleanersList Platform. In order to obtain additional information on our policy or to opt out of it, please refer to Section 9 of our Terms of Service or the “Choice/Opt-Out” section below. Depending on your mobile carrier, you may be charged for SMS and per-minute charges. CleanersList may also send you push notifications (with your consent when required by applicable law), which you can opt out of on your smartphone.
6. Information Sharing
Third Party Agents. In order to accomplish our business objectives, we share information with entities that process information on our behalf, including Identity Information. A number of services are provided by Third Party Agents, including payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, fraud prevention and detection, communication services, and technical assistance. As part of our contractual obligations, our Third Party Agents are prohibited from maintaining, using, or disclosing any information about you for purposes other than performing the services for us. However, we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including aggregated or de-identified information) for any purpose other than those prohibited by applicable laws.
Our agents, representatives, vendors, and service providers («Third Party Agents») may have access to your information in order to operate the CleanersList Platform, including processing your transactions.
- Email origination;
- A verification of identity (currently performed by IDology (U.S.), Sterling (Canada) and Jumio (U.S., France, Germany, Spain), as well as a criminal background check (currently performed by Sterling in the U.S. and Canada), to the extent permitted by law;
- It may also be used by our fraud detection providers to provide fraud detection services to other clients using information about you and your activities on the CleanersList Platform;
- An invoice, receipt, or support service;
- Service management for customer relationships;
- Fulfillment of financial transactions (through Stripe, which processes your information in accordance with its own privacy policies); and Chargebacks and collections;
- Alternatively, to assist us in providing CleanersList.
Partners. There may be instances where CleanersList content is sponsored or «presented by» another organization. In the event that you access the CleanersList Platform through a co-branded version of the CleanersList Platform or participate in our partner program, we may share information about your use of the CleanersList Platform with that Partner so they can evaluate the partner program and offer you the integrated platform. In addition, we may share your information with our Partners to obtain additional information about you, or to develop offers that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to disclose information about yourself to such Partners, you can choose not to participate. Please check their privacy policies before revealing information about yourself.
Promotions. We share information when you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion as stated in the official rules of the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and to comply with applicable laws (e.g., winner lists). You agree to the official rules of the promotion by entering it, and you may, unless prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising and marketing materials. Our company may occasionally contact you regarding special events, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities, and programs, if you request it. For more information, please refer to the Your Rights and Choices section of your Account. You always have the option to ask CleanersList not to contact you with this type of information.
Other Users. The CleanersList platform facilitates the communication between Clients and Taskers. CleanersList reserves the right to share the contact information of a Tasker (e.g. name, phone number, email, or postal address) with Clients and vice versa, or with their legal or other representatives, in order to facilitate: (1) the resolution of a dispute arising from the interaction of two or more Users of the CleanersList Platform; or (2) the completion of a task. A mandatory component of CleanersList is the exchange of information.
Legal Obligations. As required or permitted by law, CleanersList and our Third Party Agents may disclose information or User Generated Content to a third party, including location data or communication data, upon receipt of a court order, warrant, or subpoena. In the absence of a court order, warrant or subpoena, CleanersList reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of the Site(s) or CleanersList Platform to the extent permitted by law. If, in our sole discretion, we believe that someone is injuring or interfering with the rights of Users, the general public or CleanersList or its partners, parents, or affiliates.
In response to law enforcement requests, it is our policy to notify Users unless (i) we are prohibited by law or otherwise compelled by a court order to do so. (ii) we suspect the User’s account has been compromised such that the notice would reach the wrong individual, or if such a notice would create a risk of safety or be counterproductive, or (iii) it is an emergency request in which advance notice is not feasible (in which case, we may provide notice after the fact).
Merger or Acquisition. Whenever CleanersList is involved in or is negotiating a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or some of its assets or a transfer of all or some of our business to another company, we reserve the right to share information in connection with, or during negotiations for, such a merger.
Public Areas. In addition to information about your business and yourself, your CleanersList Profile may include photographs, information regarding your years of business, skills and expertise, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information, and other information, such as your username («Profile»). Users and the general public may be able to view your User Profile. Posting a Task via the CleanersList Platform will allow the contents of such listing to be seen by the Taskers you select.
7. Your Rights and Choices
If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from us or our Partners, you may remove your information from our database, select not to receive future promotional communications associated with the CleanersList Platform, or terminate your account by logging on to the Site(s) and clicking the «Account» tab, or contacting us.
Account Settings. In the registration process, you may choose whether you wish to receive marketing correspondence from CleanersList and its affiliates and partners. After logging on, choose the «Account» tab and select «Notifications» to make your preferred selections. This information remains on your profile and can be edited at any time.
Push Notifications. The settings on your mobile device allow you to set up push notifications to receive updates and relevant offers in your app.
Corrections to Profile. If you wish to update, correct, or access inaccurate information about your CleanersList Profile, simply log in and click on the “Account” tab. You can edit, update, and update your account information by logging in to the CleanersList website. Any information you edit in your Profile under the Account tab will automatically be updated in our databases.
Our goal is to maintain the integrity of the CleanersList Platform, so certain pieces of information, such as your age, cannot be altered by you. We must take reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of our Users’ ages, since children under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence cannot register as Users. If this data needs to be corrected, please contact us at [email protected]. For more information, please refer to the section on Children’s Privacy.
Promotional Communications. Clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email sent by CleanersList will enable you to opt out of receiving promotional communications from CleanersList. CleanersList will send you promotional messages via text message at any time, but you may opt-out at any time by following the instructions provided in those messages to text «STOP». The opt-out will only affect the phone number that was used and will not affect future subscriptions. Please note that you may still receive other subscription communications even if you opt out of only certain communications. You may still receive non-promotional communications from CleanersList, even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications. These include communications concerning your account, Tasks, transactions, and servicing, as well as CleanersList’s ongoing business relationship. Please let us know if you receive unsolicited emails from CleanersList domains.
Cookies and Pixels. By default, most browsers accept cookies. You can instruct your browser to decline or delete cookies, by changing its settings. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will have to do this separately for each browser. Your browser settings and limitations determine your ability to limit cookies.
Do Not Track. In addition to your browser settings, you may be able to automatically transmit “Do Not Track” signals to online services when you visit them. However, no industry consensus exists regarding how site and app operations should respond to these signals. In light of this, we do not monitor or take action with respect to «Do Not Track» signals unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so. For more information on «Do Not Track,» please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
App and Location Technologies. By uninstalling an app, you can prevent the collection of any information about you. You can also reset the Ad ID associated with your device at any time through your device settings. This allows you to restrict the use of information collected about you. Alternatively, you may turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings for your device, your mobile phone settings, or within the mobile application itself if you no longer wish us to use your location for the purposes set forth above.
Please refer to the Additional Disclosures for California Residents section below if you are a California resident.
8. CleanersList’s Information Retention Policy
To meet our contractual obligations to you, we retain your personal data for as long as you remain a User, and for such longer periods as are in our legitimate interests and in compliance with our legal obligations (see Exhibit B for an example of an exemplar document retention period). Additionally, we may retain data from which you cannot be directly identified. For example, we may store the data against a randomly generated identifier that identifies a single User, but we cannot identify that User directly. As part of our effort to improve our services, we use this type of information for research purposes, and we take appropriate measures to ensure that this information cannot be used to re-identify you.
9. CleanersList’s Security of Collected Information
Only you and authorized CleanersList staff have access to your CleanersList account information, which is password-protected. Please do not share your password with anyone in order to maintain this protection. As well, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your CleanersList account and close the browser before others do so. By doing so, you will be able to prevent third parties from accessing any information that you enter on public terminals.
10. Notification of Changes
11. Children’s Privacy
For more information on the minimum legal age for this service, please refer to the Jurisdiction-specific Provisions below. This service is intended for a general audience and is not directed towards children under 13 years of age.
As defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or «COPPA,» we do not knowingly collect personal information in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. We will remove the information collected from your child if you are a parent or guardian and believe we have done so in an unauthorized manner. Please contact us by clicking here.
Neither we collect nor «sell» personal information of minors under 18 who reside in California.
12. Contacting Us
A member of CleanersList’s staff will respond to all correspondence from Users regarding privacy, including questions regarding the types of Personal Information in the CleanersList database and requests to delete or correct such Personal Information.
13. Jurisdiction-specific Provisions
A. Residents of the United States of America
Information of U.S Users.
In collecting, using, and retaining information from U.S Users, we adhere to applicable U.S laws, as well as our determination of what constitutes «personal data and/or information». Data collection, use, and retention laws under these laws differ from those applicable to EU Users under the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018 («GDPR»).
If any third party can gain access to the information you provide to the CleanersList Platform, CleanersList disclaims all liability.
Interest-Based Advertising in the United States. Please visit www.aboutads.info/choices if you would like more information about interest-based advertising or to choose not to have your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising.
CleanersList’s Security of Collected Information. In spite of CleanersList’s best efforts to ensure the security of Financial Information and Personal Information, we do not accept any liability for unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all Personal Information and/or Financial Information stored therein, and you agree to hold CleanersList harmless for any damages resulting from such an event. Please refer to the Terms of Service for further information regarding this issue.
B. Additional Disclosures for California Residents
Individuals who reside in California are subject to these additional disclosures. According to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 («CCPA»), California residents have additional rights relating to their personal information, such as the right to know, delete, or opt-out. Businesses who collect or disclose personal information must provide notice of California residents’ rights and how they may exercise those rights.
California Notice of Collection. As outlined in the CCPA, we have collected information corresponding to each of the following categories.
- Information such as your name, address, email address, account name, Social Security Number, and IP address.
- Records of customers, their phone numbers, billing addresses, credit card information, and information regarding their employment and education.
- Information about your demographics, such as your age or gender. In this category, there are pieces of Personal Information that qualify under other applicable California or federal laws as protected classification characteristics.
- Including, but not limited to, purchases and engagement with the Services through analytics and advertising.
- Information collected automatically regarding Internet activity, including the history of visits to and interactions with our Service, the type of browser, the language of the browser, and other information.
- The collection of geolocation data, including data associated with location-enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, such as information about your interests and preferences.
Review the Information Collection section for more information about what we collect, including the sources from which we obtain information. As described in CleanersList’s Use of Information section, we collect and use these categories of Personal Information to provide and manage our services.
According to the definition of the term «sell,» CleanersList does not typically sell information. We will comply with applicable law as to advertising technologies such as those described in CleanersList’s Use of Information section where they are interpreted as a «sale» under the CCPA.
Among the categories of information that CleanersList discloses for commercial purposes are:
- Demographic Data;
- Commercial Information;
- Location Data;
- Inferences and
- Internet activity.
As part of our daily operations as well as managing our Service, we use and partner with a variety of types of entities. Please refer to the Information Sharing section for more information about the parties with whom we share information.
Right to Know and Delete. Residents of California have the right to request information regarding our data practices during the preceding 12 months. We are able to provide you with the following information:
- Information about you that we have collected;
- What sources were used to collect the Personal Information;
- Identify the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to a business partner or sold to a third party;
- A list of the categories of third parties to whom Personal Information has been disclosed, sold, or transferred for a business person;
- The business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling the Personal Information; and
- Information we have collected about you in specific forms.
Furthermore, you have the right to request that the Personal Information we have collected from you be deleted. CleaningList may have legal grounds for retaining such data, however, this is not an absolute right.
To exercise any of these rights, please send an email to [email protected] or click here. If you are requesting to exercise a right, please specify the scope of the request and the rights you wish to exercise. Within 10 days of receiving your request, we will confirm receipt. In order to verify your identity and process your request, we may require specific information from you. Your requests may be denied if we are unable to verify your identity.
Authorized Agent. In order to submit requests on your behalf, you may designate an authorized agent. In order to verify your identity directly, we will require written proof of the agent’s authorization.
Right to Non-Discrimination. As long as you exercise your rights, you will not be treated with discrimination by us.
Shine the Light. Customers who are residents of California may request the following information: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, as well as (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to which we disclosed such information. If you wish to exercise your right to request, please contact us at [email protected] or 1001 Office Park Rd #215, West Des Moines, IA 50265, United States. In addition to your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code, all requests must include “California Shine the Light Request” in the first line of the description. To verify your identity, we may require additional information from you. In any calendar year, we are only required to respond to requests once. We would like to point out that CleanersList is not obligated to respond to requests made through any other means than the email address or postal address provided.
C. Additional Disclosures for Data Subjects in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
Transfer Of Data. The primary location of information about you, including your Personal Information, is on servers located in the United States and operated by our affiliates and third party agents. To provide and operate the CleanersList Platform, we may send and store your Personal Information (also commonly known as personal data) in the U.S. if you reside outside of the U.S. CleanersList guarantees that any personal data transferred outside the European Economic Area will be adequately protected, either by ourselves, our affiliates, or third party agents, in accordance with applicable legislation, in particular by signing the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or by maintaining the Privacy Shield certification.
Your Rights. Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to the following rights:
- It is your right to have access to your personal data, as well as a copy of such data if they have been processed;
- A right of rectification: you have a right to request that inaccurate personal information concerning you be corrected. Furthermore, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including through the provision of a supplementary statement;
- An individual has the right to request the erasure of personal data concerning him or her in certain circumstances. The right to retain personal information is not absolute, and CleanersList may be legally or legitimately entitled to retain such information;
- The right to restrict processing: In some circumstances, you may be able to obtain a restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Having the right to data portability means that you may receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to CleanersList in a structured, common-use and machine-readable format, which allows you to transfer these data to another controller without being hindered by CleanersList. It applies only to automated processing of your personal data when the processing is based on your consent or on a contract.
- The right to object to processing: You may object at any time, on grounds relevant to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you, when such processing is based on CleanersList’s legitimate interests. CleanersList may, however, assert compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to process information. In the event that your personal data is being processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you may object to such processing at any time. According to the Your Rights and Choices section above, you may change your marketing preferences at any time.
- You have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority if we are unable to resolve your request or concern satisfactorily. You can contact the Information Commissioner for more information about your rights and our obligations regarding your personal data as well as to file a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data. In France, the supervisory authority is the CNIL. Spain’s supervisory authority is the Spanish Data Protection Agency. The following is a list of the supervisory authorities in each of the 16 German states.
Contact us here if you wish to exercise your rights.
EU-US Privacy Shield
The commitment of CleanersList to comply with the principles of the Privacy Shield
We are committed to complying with the EU-US Privacy Shield (as outlined by the U.S. Department of Commerce) when collecting, using, and retaining personally identifiable information from European Union member countries. In order to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles, CleanersList has self-certified that it adheres to every one of them:
- Accountability for Onward Transfer
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
- Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability
Accountability for onward transfers. Under the Privacy Shield Principles, CleanersList is responsible for Personal Information it receives from EU residents, which is subsequently transferred to a third party processor. Particularly, CleanersList will remain responsible and liable if Third Party Agents that process Personal Information on its behalf violate the Privacy Shield Principles, unless CleanersList can establish that it was not responsible for the occurrence that resulted in the damage.
Right of access. If you would like a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you, you have a legal right to request it. The Privacy Shield Principles provide that you have the right to correct, amend or delete any inaccurate or unlawfully collected Personal Information.
Resolution of disputes and complaint mechanism. According to the Privacy Shield Principles, CleanersList commits to resolve complaints regarding the privacy of your personal information and the collection or use of that information. We encourage European Union citizens who have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of their Personal Information under the Privacy Shield framework to contact us directly by sending an email to: [email protected] or by writing to CleanersList Privacy, 1001 Office Park Rd #215, West Des Moines, IA 50265, United States.
Any complaints that cannot be resolved through CleanersList directly will be handled by JAMS. You may contact JAMS for further information and assistance if you are dissatisfied with the resolution of your complaint. Using these recourse mechanisms is free of charge.
Binding arbitration. CleanersList’s Privacy Shield certification is backed by a binding arbitration option, which is further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles.
Enforcement. It is important to note that CleanersList is subject to the investigative and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Disclosure of EU personal data to public authorities and law enforcement agencies. In response to lawful requests by public authorities, CleanersList may be required to disclose your Personal Information.
Interest-Based Advertising in the EEA or Switzerland
Visit http://youronlinechoices.eu/ for more information about interest-based advertising and how to opt out.
Residents of France
Upon your death, you have the right to provide instructions regarding the use of your Personal Information by CleanersList. Please contact us here if you wish to exercise this right.
In France, CleanersList does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 15 years of age. The CleanersList Platform is not intended to be used by children under 15 years of age. We will delete or disable such information if we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from children under the age of 15. Those who are parents or guardians of children under the age of 15 who believe their child has provided us with personal information are asked to contact us by clicking here.
Residents of Spain
Children under the age of 14 years of age in Spain are not permitted to use the CleanersList Platform, and CleanersList does not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children. The CleanersList Platform is not intended for children under the age of 14. In the event that we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under 14 years of age, we will delete or disable that information. Please contact us if you believe that your child has provided us with Personal Information under the age of 14.
D. Residents of Canada.
Custom Audience. Occasionally, we will use services offered by third-party platforms (such as social networking sites or other websites) to deliver targeted advertisements to you on such platforms, and a hashed version of your e-mail address or other information may be provided to the platform provider. For information regarding opting out of the use of your information for such purposes, please visit https://youradchoices.ca/choices.
Interest-Based Advertising in Canada. You may learn more about interest-based advertising or opt out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by visiting https://youradchoices.ca/choices.
In order to obtain more information about interest-based advertising in mobile apps and to opt out of this type of advertising, please visit https://youradchoices.ca/appchoices/ and download the AppChoices tool for your device
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Who Serves (for example)|
|Authentication Cookies||Using cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) lets us know when you’re logged in and adjust your experience accordingly.||CleanersList|
|Localization||By showing you your local metro area, these cookies help provide a more localized experience.||CleanersList|
|Analytics and research||You may access the CleanersList Platform and related websites and apps from your computer or mobile device in order to understand, improve, and research products and services. Cookies may be used, for example, to assess content licensed from our vendors, report any errors in the way the Site is functioning, or segment audiences for feature testing. This information may be used by our partners and us to improve and understand how you use our websites, apps, products, services, and advertisements.||Google AnalyticsHeapAnalyticsMixPanelBugSnagGoogle Tag Manager|
Changing your browser’s options will allow you to prevent cookies from being accepted or to prompt you before accepting cookies. A cookie-enabled web browser is required for the opt-out to work. To learn how to enable cookies, please consult your browser’s instructions. You must opt out of each web browser on each device that you use in order to restrict your usage. Deleted cookies may require you to opt-out again if you delete your browser’s saved cookies.A list of opt-out options for targeting and advertising cookies can be found on the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page, or on the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page. If you live in Canada, visit https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, or if you live in the EU, visit http://youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies and widgets for social media and digital advertising
- DoubleClick: We use Google’s DoubleClick retargeting cookies to show personalized ads when browsing other websites and social media platforms. By visiting Google’s Privacy and Terms page, you can control ad personalization on Google and its partner websites.
- Facebook Connect: We may allow you to sign up and log in using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook Connect, Facebook will ask you to consent to Facebook sharing certain information from your Facebook account with us. You must provide us with information to create an account, including your first name, last name, email address, profile picture, and general location. This information is collected by Facebook and provided to us in compliance with the privacy policies of Facebook. Using your Facebook privacy settings, you can control what information we receive from Facebook.
- Facebook Impressions: We use Facebook Impressions to track the number of people who interact with our content. Facebook collects this information and provides it to us in accordance with its privacy policies. The privacy settings in your Facebook account can be used to control what information we receive from Facebook.
- Google Sign-in: Our site may permit you to use your Google account to sign up and login. If you do, Google may ask your permission to share certain information from your Google account with us. As part of creating an account, you will need to provide your first name, last name, email address, profile picture, and general location. Google collects this information and provides it to us in accordance with its privacy policies.
- Please refer to the following links for additional information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data as well as data privacy and security: Google Analytics Help and How Google Uses Information From Our Services.